- Component, composite, and S-video inputs
- I2C® compatible control bus
- High-speed Hirose FX2 data connector
- Supports NTSC, PAL, and SECAM inputs
- 8-bit or 16-bit YCrCb 4:2:2 outputs plus HS, VS and Field signals
- Programmable controls include peak white, hue, brightness, saturation and contrast
Digitizes NTSC, PAL, or SECAM television signals for video and image processing applications.
The Video Decoder 1 board (VDEC1), centered on the ADV7183B Video Decoder chip from Analog Devices, can digitize NTSC, PAL, and SECAM
video signals. The ADV7183B automatically detects standard analog baseband television signals, and digitizes them with three 54MHz
10-bit ADCs. Output data can be sent to an attached system board in 8-bit or 16-bit YCrCb 4:2:2 format.
The VDEC1 board is essentially a "carrier" for Analog Devices' ADV7183B Video Decoder chip. It contains all required support
circuitry, including well-filtered and stable power supplies, properly terminated75-ohm inputs, a stable 27-MHz clock source,
various video input connectors, and input protection networks. Refer to the Analog Devices data sheet for more information
about the ADV7138B.
The VDEC1 can be used with any Digilent board that uses the Hirose FX2 connector. Catalog entries in the Digilent products webpage
contain a "connector" field that clearly shows which boards have the Hirose connector.